Facebook is a household name around the world. This social networking platform has over 2.2 billion registered Monthly Active Users (MAUs) and the number is growing rapidly.
While Facebook allows you to stay in touch with relatives and friends, it also offers excellent opportunities for people to make money. There are several direct and indirect ways by which you can earn money from Facebook in 2018.
All you need is a Facebook account and some ingenuity to cash on the world’s favorite social media platform.
Facebook ranks as the world’s third most popular website, surpassed only by search engine Google and its video sharing channel, YouTube. This means, whatever you do on Facebook has immense impact around the world.
Realizing that people also need to make money through social networking, Facebook has launched several tools that allow people to earn. The website has global reach and allows posting text, pictures, video and audio content for registered users.
How to Earn Money from FacebookConsidering the above facts, here are 10 beast and ways and means that can help you make money with Facebook. You can use one or multiple ways to make money from Facebook as per your convenience.
Refer: 3 Best Google Online Jobs
1. Facebook MarketplaceFacebook Marketplace is a free facility offered by the social networking website. It allows you to list various items, services and deals and promote them directly within the Facebook community.
The service allows you to reach thousands of people through your own social network while allowing Facebook friends to notify others about what you are selling. You can sell any item or service that meets Facebook Community Guidelines.
Similar to classifieds, the buyer can contact you, inspect the goods and finalize price, shipping and other details.
However, if you have an eye for unique stuff, you can make more money. A lot of items sold on Facebook Marketplace are rare and can fetch higher value in brick-and-mortar stores. Buy the stuff and resell it either online or through stores.
2. Affiliate Marketing on FacebookAffiliate marketing is a system by which you promote a product, brand, service or company through a Facebook page or groups to your contacts. Thousands of merchants including Amazon, Flipkart, VCommission, Shaadi.com and many other pay you to promote their products.
You can do so by joining affiliate marketing programs offered by these organizations and posting their content on your Facebook page. Every time an interested party looks up the advertisement or content you have posted and becomes its customer, you stand to make some money.
3. Advertise Your Business on FBFacebook has emerged as the single largest common platform on which every business- from home based ventures to the largest banks and consumer goods companies have a presence.
I have seen many common people are promoting their training, consultancy, selling home-made products or even custom-made dresses and jewelry through Facebook business. There are multiple options to promote your product on Facebook.
You can also interact with customers through the instant messenger service available on Facebook.
4. Create Facebook ContentFacebook encourages people who have unique skills or knowledge to take time and create digital content that can be sold through an app called 22Social. Content that can be sold includes PDF files, audios and videos.
Facebook also provides an excellent online tutorial for people who wish to monetize their content using 22Social and the social media platform.
All you need is a Facebook page, a free 22Social account, verified PayPal account and free or paid account to digital hosting including Dropbox, Vimeo, YouTube, Google Drive and SoundCloud, among others.
5. Earn by Selling Facebook LikesThis is a very debatable way to make money with Facebook. There are forums that support selling ‘likes’ for a Facebook page while others deem the system as illegal. Regardless, there are several marketers who will pay you to send a Facebook page to your ‘friends’.
Your friends have to simply click the ’like’ button on that Facebook page. According to various reports, including one published by National Public Radio (NPR), people charge as much as US$ 75 to give 1,000 likes for any Facebook page. Others advertize the service on sites like Fiverr.
6. Influencer Marketing on FacebookInfluencer marketing is not for anyone who has a large following on Facebook. Indeed, most people do not permit people to ‘follow’ them on Facebook because their content can land them in danger, if it is dealing with sensitive issues like politics and religion.
However, influencer marketers look for people with large followings and huge network of friends. They offer money to promote a brand or ideology through your Facebook page.
The system came under scrutiny of American and other law enforcement agencies after it was revealed that some sort of ‘influencer marketing’ could have been done by certain countries during election campaigns in the US and elsewhere.
Offering your Facebook following for influencer marketing for brands of products is however harmless.
7. Earn from Facebook AdsFacebook Ads is a facility extended by the social media giant to corporate and individual users. It allows you to create and pot advertisements of various sorts that target a specific group of people based on age, location and other demographic parameters.
If you have a small home based business, you can make money by advertizing through Facebook Ads. The social media firm offers free and paid packages for Facebook Ads, depending upon your usage and target audience.
Additionally, you can also offer services of posting advertisements on behalf of businesses who wish to remain anonymous. Several large companies looking at hiring staff do not divulge their identity.
8. Manage Facebook AccountsManaging social media accounts, especially Facebook page of a company or celebrity is very lucrative work from home option. There are scores of social media management jobs you can find online.
These jobs that require you to manage Facebook pages can be done fulltime or even part-time to make extra money. They are advertised under various designations like Social Media Manager, Facebook Assistant, Social Media Specialist and myriad others.
9. Facebook GroupsPeople open group pages on Facebook for various reasons. There are two categories of Facebook groups- Open and Closed. In an ‘Open’ group, people can join anytime. The other is a “Closed” group where membership is by invitation or application only.
Opening a Facebook group enables you to work as micro-influencer or a cause, political party or business. You can invite friends to become members of the group and invite others too. Upon reaching the desired level of membership, you can ‘close’ the group. A ‘Closed’ group allows you to influence members about anything.
10. Direct AdvertizingA small business can post advertisements directly on a regular Facebook page to attract customers. These advertisements can be about employment, classifieds, products and services. Many small businesses use Facebook purely as a forum to post their advertisements.
A lot of jobseekers also browse Facebook pages of companies to find employment opportunities.
In ConclusionFacebook allows linking with various apps that allow you to open an online store or get memberships. However, the company is currently reviewing its policies governing apps as well as security levels of apps after reports of data leaks rocked the world in March 2018.
Hence, we prefer not to comment on these money-making apps that can be linked with Facebook. As we can see from the highlighted examples, it is very easy to earn money from Facebook. All you need is the inclination and time to cash-in on the social media platform.